LEVEL: Year 8
LENGTH: Full year
Please note: This subject is not suitable for students who are fluent native speakers of French or who have recently arrived in Australia from French-speaking communities or bilingual programs. Please refer to the French Bilingual/Binational Program outline.
The Year 8 French language program builds on the foundations established in Year 7.
It is based on concepts identified in the Australian Curriculum and aims to develop students’ knowledge, skills and understandings as described in the achievement standard for years 7 and 8.
- communication skills
- literacy skills in French and English
- intercultural capabilities
- understanding of, and respect for, diversity and difference, and openness to different experiences and perspectives
- understanding and appreciation of how culture shapes world views and extends their understanding of themselves, their own heritage, values, culture and identity
- critical and creative thinking.
Concepts studied in year 8 include: time, journey, health and wellbeing, celebrations.
Students’ performance will be determined according to the achievement standard for French years 7 and 8, as outlined in the Australian Curriculum: Languages. Grades A to E will be used for reporting purposes. The types of assessments include Text Analysis, Text Production, Interaction and Reflection. Students will be assessed on two of these assessment types per term.
Leads to: Year 9 French